WtD has a post on Obama, renewed hopes and Obama saying he will “follow the science”. This is construed at being new hope for environmental issues.
Obama made the same claim in his first term. Some results:
- Obama* kept the morning after pill a prescription for girls under 17 in spite of science saying the pill was safe at any age and should not require a prescription.
- Obama refused to go along with the EPA plan for stricter ground level ozone levels. (The EPA says the science supports this.)
- Allowed forest supervisors to “ignore the science” when making decisions.
- Would not endorse cap and trade
- The EPA refused to protect against nitrous oxide and sulfur oxide, in spite of claims the science shows there is a problem.
- Supports wind and solar in spite of the lack of scientific evidence these are workable energy options
- In a “reverse” complaint, Obama is being urged to ignore the science and ban fracking
- Allowed the EPA to mandate use of cellulosic biofuel, in spite of the fact there are no commercial suppliers (A small amount was exported in entirety to Brazil last year)
Looking at the Obama record, the “follow the science statement” is just rhetoric. Words without action. There really seems to be no reason for hope. Not to mention “follow the science” is obviously a meaningless statement with so many versions of the “correct” science out there. Just typical Obama.
*Obama equals Obama and/or Congress and the cabinet
The 350.org protesting in DC reportedly has monetary ties to the Rockefellers, rather than being “grassroots”. Interesting funding source?
(If you want verification, type 350.org Shuman Rockefeller into the Google search box)